The LSCRF History
- In 1991, the LSCRF affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and an initial pledge of $1 million helped establish the Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Program. Today, the Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center is the largest program of its kind in the Midwest.
- In 1998, the LSCRF made a $5 million, five-year pledge to support continued development of patient care, education and research initiatives in the breast cancer program. This commitment supported both the clinical breast cancer center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the breast cancer research program of The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University.
- In 2000, $2.5 million was committed to the Bluhm Breast Cancer Early Detection and Prevention Fund, funded by Mr. Neil Bluhm, which supports detection strategies (such as: MRI, genetics, hormones and other diagnostic methods) for patients at high risk for breast cancer.
- In 2003, the Foundation made a $2.5 million pledge in support of oncology fellowships and research into areas like: the effect of breast cancer on families, the use of cycholsporine in the treatment of breast cancer and the expansion of the breast cancer database physicians can utilize for research.
- In 2013, LSCRF made a $3 million, four-year pledge to continue support of critical research and education projects at Northwestern.
A deep, mutual commitment has forged the successful relationship between LSCRF, Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University. Together, we are dedicated to bringing more humane care to women by changing the course of breast cancer through state-of-the art technology and outstanding research programs. Nationally, LSCRF is at the forefront of the battle against breast cancer and is recognized in Chicago and across the country as a leading philanthropic organization.
As a 501 c (3) corporation, LSCRF is dependant on generous donors like you. All funds donated to Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation support innovative contributions to the understanding, research and treatment of breast cancer, in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University. Our goal is to eradicate breast cancer. One day, we hope to find the cure.
To donate, contact email@example.com or call 312-926-4274